Rutgers University Open Public Records Request Center

Top FAQs

Find Answers - Answer Detail Page


What can I do if my request is denied?

A person who is denied access to a government record can choose:

1) to file suit in Superior Court; or

2) to file a complaint with the Government Records Council. N.J.S.A. 47:1A-6. 

A requester cannot do both. More information about your rights are available under the NJ Open Public Records Act at the State of New Jersey Government Records Council.